C. Ann Staley, CG(R), CGLSM, instructor, consultant, and a lecturer at local, state, and national conferences. Raised in Mobile, AL, she has been researching her family since 1980 from Alabama, Mississippi, Indiana, and Virginia to France, England, and Germany.
She is kept busy as the Education Chairman for the Jacksonville Genealogical Society, Inc.; the Vice President of the Genealogical Speakers Guild; on the faculty of The National Institute for Genealogical Studies; and as a volunteer of the Florida State Genealogical Society. Ann is also the compiler of the Jacksonville Genealogical Society, Inc. Quarterly Full Name Index, Volumes 1 through 4, 1973 through 1976, the author of articles for the NGS Magazine, and the co-author of the NGS Research in the States Series: Florida.
She has studied at the National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR) in Washington, D.C.; the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama; and the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy in Salt Lake City, Utah. She has also been a faculty member of IGHR. Her specialties are methodology, research sources, computer resources, vital record resources, and conference planning.
Ann’s enthusiasm for genealogy is contagious and her stimulating programs are very informative.
- Advanced Genealogy Research at Wallace State College, Hanceville, AL
- Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis; U. S. Military Records; Understanding Land Records; and many other topics at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), Samford University, Homewood, AL (attending since 1998). Ann has also been on the faculty a number of years.
- National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR) at the National Archives, Washington, DC
- Problem Solving at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, Salt Lake City, UT
- Numerous seminars and conferences sponsored by local and national societies
- National Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
- Florida State Genealogical Society
- Jacksonville [FL] Genealogical Society, Inc. (life member)